Firstly, I want to begin this post by saying a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to comment on my previous one about choosing our honeymoon destination. It was really helpful to get some opinions from people who have been to the places we are considering and the feedback gave us lots to think about.
It probably won’t surprise you to hear that we are still in the process of deciding where to go, although I think it has now been narrowed down to Japan or Cuba. But one thing which certainly became clear, thanks to your comments, was that we are going to need a break of some sort immediately after the wedding in order to recharge our batteries.
As we are not planning on taking our proper honeymoon until next year we decided we may as well have a ‘mini-moon’ – that’s a thing isn’t it?
That in itself opened up a whole new list of questions about where it should be, but we eventually decided on San Sebastian in northern Spain.
We came to this conclusion thanks to a number of factors:
- After months of cold weather we really wanted some sunshine!
- As we are only going for a week, we wanted somewhere close by so that we didn’t spend too much time travelling
- We wanted somewhere with a beach where we can relax, but also things to do close by if we do get restless (we can’t sit still for too long!)
- I wanted somewhere where I could practise my (increasingly rusty) Spanish
- Perhaps most importantly, we wanted somewhere with good food and having been to San Sebastian many years ago I know the pinxtos alone are worth the return visit
So it’s been decided. Our flights are booked and we have chosen to stay in a lovely little apartment in the centre of the old town, so that we can be near enough to the action but also have a place to chill out.
But now it’s back to you guys for recommendations of food, activities or anything else we shouldn’t miss while we are there. Any ideas?